Tuesday, September 13, 2011

$#*! Ron Jaworski says

Sure. Jaws uttered a curse word evocative of doodie.

Sure. He did this while watching Chad Henne play football.
Sure. He said it on Monday Night Football and 6 zillion people probably heard him.

But honestly, what did you expect? Jaworski is just a man, same as the rest of us. A man trapped in an announcers booth with Jon Gruden for hours on end, week after week for what must seem like a thousand eternities. Is there any question that he would lose it on air? The only legitimate question is how did he hold out this long before spewing invectives for all the world to hear? Every time I see the creepy, faux intensity on Chucky's face as his goes over film with some clearly annoyed player, I say exactly the same thing. My 1 year old son's first words were, in this order: "Daddy. Mommy. Go. And $#*! it's Gruden!"

So I say give the man a break. Even better, give him a new color guy before he really flips out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gruden is awesome as a Color guy, Jaws was just caught up ina exciting game. Who Cares.

AnswerMan said...

Exactly. Who cares? If any kids were still up watching at that point, they have bigger issues

Andy said...

I thought it was pretty funny

Anonymous said...

I like Gruden as a color commentator. He reminds me of Madden. He's passionate about the game and knowledgeable. A hell of a lot better than Dan Dierdorf, Dennis Miller, or the guy from PTI.

Anonymous said...

There is a lot worse thing said every night on network tv....why is that ok....

The Owners said...

I'm assuming one of these anonymous commenters is actually Gruden, there's no way two people in Charlotte actually like that guy. One? Maybe. Two? No way.

Anonymous said...

Sure it's all fun and games when Jaws says it. Not so funny when I did it!! As Homer Simpson once said, "doh"!

Chuck Howard

Anonymous said...

I heard it. Noted it to my wife at the time ... and not being totally familiar with the difference between Gruden's and Jaworski's voices ... thought it was Gruden who let it slip.

I consider it an isolated faux-pas - a slip up - from an experienced broadcaster who was a very fine QB in his playing days ... still passionate and excited about the game and players following in his footsteps.

He said it. He apologized for it. Let's move on.