Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Brandon Jackson to owner: Play me or trade me

I'm trying, I'm trying.

The backdrop: I picked up Jackson on Tuesday afternoon in my less-than-vigilant family league (no waiver waiting; it's first-come-first-served on Tuesday mornings), figuring I'd try to trade him to the owner who has (had) Ryan Grant.

The teams: I'm Team A. The Grant-less wonders are Team B. Just listing RBs and WRs to simplify trade talks.
* Team A -- Jackson, Jahvid Best, Ryan Matthews, Justin Forsett, Jerome Harrison (RBs); Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Terrell Owens, Dexter McCluster (WRs).
* Team B -- Frank Gore, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jonathan Stewart, Michael Bush, Grant (RBs); Calvin Johnson, Mike Sims-Walker, Devery Henderson, Chaz Schilens, Jermichael Finley (WRs, TE not required).

The strategy: Just for funsies, I want to go all-in on receivers and pry Calvin Johnson loose from Team B.

The question: What's a fair-value trade involving RB Jackson and WR Johnson?

The X factor: Team B is my wife's team.

-- R. Trentham Roberts

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever trade with your wife. If you win, you lose. If you lose, you lose.